[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board

Some info

Posted By: Frank
Date: 7/7/20 02:42

In Response To: I'm patient. I'll be here. (Tom Liemohn ( sometimes known as WA Tom))

First, Gunspot has been in development ever since we flipped the switch so we are expanding and adapting, We now have thousands of registered users and site traffic averages 6,000 users each day with slightly more than half of those being new users and almost half being returning users, This is tracked by unique IP and bots are excluded so it should be pretty accurate, We have begun contacting users via phone or email to get their feedback and we are discovering we have not put enough emphasis on educating new users about function and features of the web site, This has proven to be on the job training for our entire team, and as we see what is needed we are adapting code and content, I personally have not been involved in a venture this exciting. This is all to say look for things to become more intuitive and for information on site features and functions to become more readily available. We are rolling out version 2.0 soon, From what I am told 2.0 will be quite impressive and will be designed to handle thousands of listings and users. With our 1.0 version if someone lists 20 guns they fill up the top part of the main page, 2.0 will employ algorithms to mix up listings from the different catagorys such as title one, Ammo, class 3 etc while still providing front page position to new listings. Sliders will be employed for class 3, auctions and other catagorys for quick easy access to listings just in that section of the site . If you look at he current auction slider on the site you will get the idea, but the new sliders will be much better and more mobile friendly. To many other things to mention are included in 2.0.

Now as for your particular comments. I am posting here because the information will be valuable to anyone using the site. First, anyone can view Gunspot content with no account or sign in. Different levels of authentication are required for different site functions, For instance, to contact a seller a person must have verified their email, set up a username and password. At the other end of the scale, to place a bid of over 5,000 dollars on an auction, or to list an item one must set up a username and password, verify their email, verify their phone, and verify a credit card. Basically what we have tried to do is make the site very secure While making it as easy for the users as possible, Our sellers will have way more contact with buyers if the sign up process required to contact the seller is simple requiring minimal information and we judge the risk of fraud to also be minimal where this function is concerned. At the other end of the scale, web sites have been ruined by fraudulent listings which make buyers afraid to purchase. For that reason maximum authentication is required to list items. You will notice we have had no fraudulent listings. Several layers of security are in place so lots of red flags go up when certain things donít line up. We have had attempted fraud regularly but they seldom get past more than two of the multiple layers of protection in place so itís extremely difficult for them, there are easier targets.

As for your existing CC processing, we should be able to plug that into your store if we have not already, Mike hasnít told me what the status of your processing currently is. If your processor info is not currently entered or if we made an error in the entry I know the buy now option wonít work. We will get to the bottom of that early this week.

Your store can indeed be linked from your other domain and can be your web site, we have intentionally and thoughtfully designed the pro stores to resemble an independent web site because I all to well understand the hassle of maintaining an independent site. As your items sell they automatically leave your store so no adjustment needed. Look for greatly improved cart checkout system as well as inventory control in the coming months. I would love to hear your ideas about how you would like your page to look and function because I think it could help in our development.

Thanks for everything, this is about to be big. Glad your here!

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

RSS feed for Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT