[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Shooting Events Announcement Board

Improvements have been made...

Posted By: MPFiveO
Date: 3/5/15 13:37

In Response To: Alabama MG Shoot 2015, Piedmont, Al (Eddie Boone)

Matt hired a crew to come out and build up the area at the back of the pit to elevate it above the water level. There is a sort of road now but it isn't wide enough to shoot from yet. As time allows he will continue to make improvements to make it more shooter friendly. I was out there a few weeks ago and the water had gone down a lot. But as I'm typing this it is pouring down rain. Those conditions preclude getting cars and other targets worth shooting downrange.

I watched the video that Eddie posted, and then another, and then another. We've had a lot of great shoots there and I hope we have many more. Like Eddie mentioned, it takes a lot to get it all to come together. The last few shoots were great because we had good targets, great food on site, and an excellent fire suppression team. All of those things keep people happy and keep things going smoothly. Since then though we have lost the food vendors because they shut down due to personal health. It was just too hard on them to set up and come out. I don't know what the status is on the fire department. The last crew was pretty thin and I'm not sure if their schedule will allow them to come out. And targets will always be the biggest issue. I'm not all about shooting dirt and rocks. I like to get the most bang for my buck. Especially with what ammo costs today. Like most, I have a stockpile that I've been adding to for years but the rate at which it is being replaced is below the rate it is going out. Still, we want to make sure that we are able to put cars and other machine gun worthy targets downrange to maximize the fun for all participants.

I hate to admit it, but I have six or more places to go shoot anytime the notion strikes me. I went to the range yesterday with four machine guns and burned through several hundred rounds. Had a small group of guys there that really enjoyed it. So, I can get a full auto fix just about anytime I want to. Still, this doesn't really lessen my desire for the big shoots. It is about the only time that I get all of my full auto guns out include the Browning .50 BMG. I make it worth my while. So, don't think for a minute that Eddie, Matt, or myself have forgotten about the Ala-Bam-Er group and written it off. Not for a minute! We will be back!

Messages In This Thread

[ View Thread ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Subguns.com Shooting Events Announcement Board is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12.

THIS SHOULD BE HIDDEN TEXT